I. Department Overview
The Department aims to supply needed talented students to keep abreast of social and economic development needs and market demand. In 2006, we began to enroll undergraduates with the concentration of "Risk Management and Insurance". In 2009, our Investment Science Experimental Class welcomed the first batch of undergraduates. Aiming to develop elite students with career-relevant skills, we adopt a small-class pattern with no more than 45 students, and focus on intensive teaching by exercising a four-year tutorial system to provide students with all-round guidance in their learning, research, work and life. As what we have stressed, our teachers should focus on scientific research in order to keep standing at the forefront of theory and practice, and to develop a positive interaction and mutual promotion between teaching and research. Such systematic teaching enables students to learn useful, practical knowledge and practice what they have learned, avoiding lock-in in obsolete knowledge and disconnection between theory and practice that are commonplace in colleges and universities.
II. Undergraduate Education
The Department aims at training high-caliber professionals who:
- Are morally, intellectually, physically and aesthetically well-developed and have excellent ideological and professional ethics.
- Have a solid grasp of the theoretical knowledge in economics and finance, business knowledge and professional skills in modern risk management, actuarial science and other fields, and develop a good sense of innovation and scientific literacy.
- Follow the latest developments in the risk management theory and practice in and outside of China
- Are familiar with the rules of the international insurance industry and China's insurance policies and related laws and regulations
- Are able to skillfully use a foreign language and computer skills.
- Build career in government agencies, risk management departments of large enterprises, and financial institutions such as insurance companies and banks
Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Application of Probability Theory in Economy and Finance,
Statistics, International Trade, Interest Theory, Fixed Income Securities, Corporate Finance, Modern Investment, Financial Derivatives, Risk Management Principles, Risk Management of Financial Institutions, Insurance, Property and Liability Insurance, Life Insurance, Operation and Management of Insurance Companies, etc.
Bachelor of Economics